Registration is now closed!
Rubik’s Nations Cup (RNC) Regulations :
• RNC is an unofficial event, the results will not be recorded in the WCA database.
• RNC is based on teams including 3 members of a same country.
• The members solve one 3x3x3 cube one after the other. Thus, there are 3 timers , 3 cubes and 3 competitors on the table.
• The timers are wire linked. Those special timers will record individual times and total team time and check that a team member does not start before the previous member has completed their solve
• The second and third timers must be started only when the previous member has finished his solve and has put back the 2 hands on the timers. This action lights a green LED on the following timer giving the right to the next member to release their hands and starts his solve, and same for the third one.
• Inspection time of 15 seconds is for all 3 members at the same time.
• Penalty cases when starting the solve, are exactly the same as WCA regulations. But all 3 members are concerned at the same time to put their cubes on the mat within the 15 seconds
• After 12 seconds of inspection, all 3 members of the same team must release their own cube on the mat, hold their two hands on the timers and start the first solve as soon as the first green flash is visible on the first timer (after a short moment of initialization).
• The effective start of the 2 teams giving battle is given by the judge or official speaker.
• When first solver is cubing, the second and third ones must hold their 2 hands on their timers. Same rule for the third solver while the second is solving his cube. Default to this rule is DNF.
• Two teams battle at a same run. The winning team proceed to next round
• The winning team will be the team with the lowest total time (time is recorded with 1/100 second, same as WCA regulations.
• In case of same total times, the best individual solve is used to declare the winning team
• Since this event is an experimental format, the judges will have final say in any disagreements, interpretation of rules and in deciding the winners.